Monday, May 13, 2013

First Impression: Maybelline LE Color Tattoo in Seashore Frosts

For anyone surprised to see me churning out another post, I am just as if not more surprised than you. Today while running errands I picked up one of those limited edition Maybelline Color Tattoos from their summer collection. The shade I chose was Seashore Frosts.

Hate when the label is off center. Boo
In direct sunlight
Seashore Frosts is a blue and gold duochrome cream shadow with hints of green and pink reflects. This seems to be one of the more popular Color Tattoos in the collection amongst bloggers and I can see why. It is truly gorgeous and unique looking.
Left: One layer swatch / Right: Two layers
The texture is really creamy, more than the other Color Tattoos I own such as Bad to the Bronze and Tough as Taupe. It feels slightly thinner too, which produces a more sheer swatch. However, I think you could build this up slowly if you wanted more opacity.
Direct sunlight
Here I tried to capture the beautiful duochrome but alas my mediocre camera did not want any part. However I think you can pick up the blue/gold vibe going on. I doubt the pink/green reflects would show up on the eyes anyway but I will try it out tomorrow and see if I can make an EOTD happen.

This shade 'Seashore Frosts' was the last one in the display I found (at Rite Aid for $6.99). Since this is only a first impression post, I am unsure if I'm going to like this on the eyes...I never really considered myself a duochrome lover. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised and/or newly converted!

Let me know if you picked up any of these up and if you like them!

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the fact that it looks like a completely different colour with two coats! You can do so many beautiful looks with this, I want it, hehe! Followed via bloglovin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does make it versatile! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Maybelline Color Tattoos, this color is great though! I haven't picked up any of the newest colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is certainly unique! Best of luck finding them if you want them, it was a bit of a hunt for some people apparently xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Maybelline Color Tattoos but I haven't picked any of the summer shades up. I like looking at duochromes but I have never liked how they look on me. I think you did good capturing the color variation with your camera ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tamara! Gave it my best shot haha. I agree - duochromes are one of those things that sound beautiful in theory/swatch, but on the eye...I'm on the fence about the look. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want at least one of these or Lavish Lavender because the iridescence / duochrome seems amazing on them x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you like the ones you find Coco! x

    ReplyDelete