Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ciao Google Reader

Unless you live under a rock that lacks wifi, you probably heard the news; Google Reader is shutting down July 1, 2013. Personally, I really enjoy the GR interface, so this is a sad day. But, the show must go on, so I thought I'd mention some other blog reader sites you can use.


By far one of the most popular readers, Bloglovin is well organized and not too dissimilar to Google. You can use the link below to transfer your GR subscriptions automatically.



Another awesome interface, Hello Cotton is easy to navigate. I've never used it but I've heard great things.

3. feedly

Also have heard good things about feedly. An option for those who like actual list formats.

So, there are a few options for you bloggers out there. I have been using Bloglovin on and off for a few years now, and it has improved quite a bit. Its respective iPhone and Android apps work well too! Can't speak for the other platforms but I'm sure developers are busy right now perfecting with GR on its way out.

If you're interested in keeping up with my blog, I have Bloglovin linked on the right hand side. Thank you for following, I look forward to everyone's posts on there. Good luck! x

2 comments:

  1. hey!

    I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award

    Check it out here: http://pastel-pink-lace.blogspot.com.au/

    xx

    Danae.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danae! Thank you, I will check it out soon xx

    ReplyDelete